Thursday, January 20, 2011

my e-mail to CNN

I am very disappointed at CNN for giving air time to the author of the book “Tiger Mother” because you just put a lot of children at risk of being even more abused by their unconscious parents. My question was: how unconscious can they all be? Well this is the reason China is an abuser of Human rights because they are unconsciously reenacting their childhood drama by treating others cruelly, the same way they were treated as small children and unconsciously tell their true story of what happened to them as small children to the world by reenacting their childhood drama over and over again. And when they don’t have other human beings below them to unconsciously reenact their childhood drama with, what’s left? The animals and this is why people there skin cats and dogs alive for their skin and treat them so cruelly. Wake up people if we really want to make the world a better place we need to become aware of all forms of child abuse and do every thing to stop it, otherwise every thing else we do will be a superficial and temporary fix.
“...but wherever I look, I see signs of the commandment to honor one’s parents and nowhere of a commandment that calls for respect for the child.” Alice Miller
I recommend you read the article “Unlived Anger” in the link below and read all Alice Miller’s books and give her the air time she deserves, but I have come to the conclusion that if someone is speaking the naked truth will never be able to get on TV, but the more lies or lies coated with bits of disconnected truths or the bigger the illusions someone is able to create the more attention they get on TV, very sad, and this is why I have cancel my cable and don’t have TV at all at home, because I refuse to pay for lies and misleading information anymore, but it happened CNN was on at my place of work this morning and I listen to the lies of this woman and it just reminded why I don’t watch TV anymore.  


2 comments:

  1. I read that article on the Tiger Mom on various websites and was shocked and disgusted. She rejected birthday cards, threatened to break toys if piano lessons weren't perfect, and disallowed sleepovers and playdates. I'm not afraid to admit that I was abused as a child, but even I was allowed to attend sleepovers and my cards weren't rejected nor my things weren't threatened if my instrument playing wasn't perfect.

    Another thing that shocked and disgusted me was that I came across some comments in support of this twisted and sick way to raise children. One person said that the West should emulate this because children and young adults in the West are supposedly spoiled and all are labeled disrespectful. What about respect for youngsters and each other? Why is bad behavior from adults more tolerable than bad behavior from children? If young people are disrespectful, it's because they learn it from adults that model that and demand respect from their children. (Talk about hypocrisy.) That makes it appear as if all children and young adults come from homes without parental attention. (Homes where children are treated with empathy are actually rare and are labeled as "lenient" and "permissive" by blind authoritarians.) I'm in my early twenties, and my childhood was far from being "spoiled" (whatever that means) and I was treated with lots of disrespect which included being hit, yelled at, and grounded. (I don't even remember most of what I was punished for. The "crimes" that I do remember being punished for included procrastination (which I still struggle with) and for not listening in church. (I'm now an atheist. I guess the punishments didn't work after all.) My preteen nephews are harshly punished by my brother and I noticed much disrespect from caretakers almost every day back when I worked at a fast food restaurant. Parents/caretakers would punish over petty things from not eating to being upset about something.


    Another commenter said that because of "lenient parenting", 12-year-old girls are becoming pregnant and children are joining gangs. It really gets me when someone makes ridiculous claims without proof. What's the connection between pregnant youngsters and gangs and "lenient parenting"? If people did their research, they would find many studies that show that young girls become pregnant and children join gangs as a result of dysfunctional homes.


    Sorry that this is long-winded, but I needed to release my thoughts about this.

    PS: It's so sad that the truth about childhood is suppressed. This is why Alice Miller is still little known. I hope one day she gets the attention she deserves. I'm determined to read all of her books. (I'm currently reading "Banished Knowledge". It's over 20 years old, but rings oh so true.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ssrr88, thank you for your comment, I agree with everything you wrote, I just wish I could articulate it as beautifully as you do! And I too hope one day Alice Miller’s books get the attention they deserve, you can be sure I will be doing everything I can to shine light in her very important work.

    ReplyDelete