Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Charlatans are so Annoying

M: Dearest Sylvie, I hope that your Holiday season was enjoyable. I have posted some links and definitions about Epiphany since it's a word that is misused and misunderstood in general.  I came to the conclusion that Your book and Our recent friendship have been my own Epiphany in 2014. I can hardly wait to sit down and share with you in a lengthy email my latest news.  Thank you for being such a fantastic being! M


Sylvie: Dear M, thank you for your lovely message. I worked through the holidays and as you could imagine work was busy and I am glad the holidays are over.

I am so glad my book and friendship have been helpful to you.


Sometimes I asked myself why did I bother working so hard to deliver my book/baby to the world, most people rather have pretty seductive lies or half disconnected truths articulated by charlatans that are more than happy to exploit them by telling them the pretty lies they like to hear than have the naked truth I expose in my book, but then I get a message like yours and I am reminded this is why, because they are people out there that really want the naked truth and facts and are desperate like I once was to hear it from someone else.


Talking about charlatans, do you know J B the author of Sxxx Sxxxxxx, he is a charlatan from Canada. Someone told him about my book and he contacted me. He suggested for us to exchange books and he offered to write me a review, so I sent him my book and he sent me his, but I could tell just by visiting his website that he was not real, but I gave him the chance anyway. I read two pages of his book and I could tell he was full of BS and I put his book in the recycle bin and of course I never heard from him.  There are so many charlatans out there pretending to be healed preaching to others that is sickening. He probably thought I was another phony like him and that is why he contacted me, but from reading my book he saw I was real and not someone pretending like him. Phony people always promote each other but feel threatened by real people like me and they will do their best to repress the work of real honest people. Our world is full of phony people and psychopaths that promote each other and kissing each other’s asses.

It’s has been a long day and I have to get ready for bed. I hope you too had a good holiday season.

Talk more soon,  Sylvie


M: Blah, Blah, Blah... This is how I feel after reading the first phrases on his website.  When there are too many unnecessary words fluffing the expression of feelings in a text I feel dizzy.  This guy probably loves hearing his own gymnastic and contorted brain to preach his own truth.  Is he honest about being dishonest? You know the answer since you've thrown away his book. I've never heard about him since I've never searched for a quick fix or so-called soul-shaping gurus.  I don't need anybody to give me confirmation or approval that I have a soul and as a matter of fact, a damn beautiful one!  Ironically, my greatest oppressor and lifetime soul terrorist, my father, gave me Your book; the ultimate accessible Tool that helps me healing myself and understanding my life story once and for all so I can move forward.  Seriously, at this point in time, the last thing I need is an opportunistic and seductive dude's guidance to recruit my so-called ''lost soul''.  I'm not lost.  I'm hurting as hell, trying to free my own self from this emotional prison as you wrote so well.  The only things I need in these crucial times is silence, space, peace, rest, respect and “'privacy''. He probably found you attractive in all your beauty and light and thought you'd fall for his BS like many women in search of some form of recognition, appreciation, attention, from a man representing their own fathers or husbands or boyfriends, or lovers, or...Don't worry about giving him the benefit of the doubt; it's part of your journey and since you have nothing to lose but everything to gain, you will encounter each and every one of these charlatans. Go girl! Feed your fire with their books and keep spreading REAL SOUL HEALING FOOD.

Sylvie: Dear M, thank you for your kind and encouraging words.  I get a little discouraged sometimes by so many charlatans in this world and by the emotionally blind people that fall for their BS. And reading your words is a breath of fresh air.
"... and thought you'd fall for his BS like many women in search of some form of recognition, appreciation, attention, from a man representing their own fathers or husbands or boyfriends, or lovers," sooooooooo true!

M: The guy is a lawyer.  These people mastered the art of using powerful words to impress and fog the mind of vulnerable beings in order to make money.  And they do make good money.  Most of them lose their soul through the judicial system that claims to serve the Truth.  He probably found himself hollow and empty after losing a romance he cared for.  These guys are dangerous because they manipulate women with their poetic wordings and fool any starved feminine soul out there.  I have met a guy like him back in 2009 during a long trip to Florida.  No other man have written so many love letters, poems and odes to my feminine beauty. He showered me with gifts and emails and phone calls and pictures and all but I saw through him and soon enough I figured he was another Beauty Stealer.  As long as I allowed him to access my heart and my vulnerable soul in search of a deep connection, he fed off me like a vulture and fueled his shallow existence with my presence.  When the time came to get really serious and act on his pretty words, he collapsed.  He needed me in order to feed his ego and give a sense to his existence but he couldn't create a real and authentic relationship on a daily basis.  He was an empty shell with a mouth full of fluff.  The path to authenticity can be challenging quite solitary as you know.

Sylvie: Yes he used to be a lawyer and I wish he had stayed a lawyer, because I am sure he was more authentic then than he is now. Now he is too invested in his illusions and enmeshed in the web he has woven for himself and making it near to impossible now to ever break free from and probably he is going to die in this web and take many with him.

M: I always said that I have more respect for an asshole that fully acknowledges he's an asshole than an asshole who pretends he's a nice guy.  Authenticity can have many faces as long as it is real and transparent.  I have been in situations over and over again with people who pretended to be a certain way and I always ended up having to set them straight.  Why do these so-called spirited gurus have so much influence? I understand your web concept and I can see it clear with my fresh eyes as I read his website. I really can't feel the attraction for his writings. It sounds like another sect in disguise to me.

Sylvie: Dear M, it’s so nice to read your written words. I had posted our conversation about charlatans on my blog, of course, I just used people’s initials and kept everyone anonymous, but some of his followers on Facebook might know who I am referring to and starting question his authenticity and save themselves from his web. Now I have to add your last words to the blog! :-) The reason people fall for these gurus is that they are still emotionally blind by the repressed emotions of the child they once were and his seductive words are like medication that makes people feel better temporary and superficially.  

Comments from Facebook:
Georgina Emily King: I find all his posts really inspirational and not at all fake... am I missing something???

Sylvie Imelda Shene He does a good talk but has not done the real walk. He is one more charlatan in our world that the only inspiration he gives, is to distract people from facing and feeling their own repression, by helping them feel better temporally and superficially like medication does, with his seductive words. The quote you shared by him the other day, I felt he was inspired to write it from reading my book, to make him sound authentic, but he is not. He is a big illusion. My eyes are wide open, I recognize an illusion or lie when I see it.

Georgina Emily King I've been digesting what you said above.... are you happy to discuss this here openly? As it's about someone else?




Sylvie Imelda Shene I have discussed everything I had to say about him in my blog about charlatans and in my comment to you above, but if you have more questions, you are welcome to ask them in a private message or here as long you keep him anonymous by just using initials; the reason is not that I want to protect him, because he is a public figure, so he is open for criticisms from the public, but because I don’t want to deal with the backlash from his followers. People that fall for charismatic charlatans are still little children looking for a father/mother figure and these charlatans become their substitute father/mother and like little children that cannot afford to see the truth about their parents, because they are dependent on them, they will deny the truth and defend the parents by attacking those that dare to speak the truth about their supposedly “loving” parents, so his followers will do the same and they can get very nasty to anyone that dares to remove the mask or pretty veils of their gurus standing in as their substitute mother/father figure exploiting them just like their own parents once did. The only shaping this guy is doing is trying to shape his bank account by selling his BS and illusions to those still emotionally blind by the repressed emotions of the child they once were.

I was looking for a quote and I found this one that I think it kind of relates here because cult leaders and charlatans use similar cliches to get followers, like politicians use to get votes. "There is a good deal else that would not exist without "poisonous pedagogy." It would be inconceivable, for example, for politicians mouthing empty cliches to attain the highest positions of power by democratic means. But since voters, who as children would normally have been capable of seeing through these clichés with the aid of their feelings, were specifically forbidden to do so in their early years, they lose this ability as adults. The capacity to experience the strong feelings of childhood and puberty (which are so often stifled by child-rearing methods, beatings, or even drugs) could provide the individual with an important means of orientation with which he or she could easily determine whether politicians are speaking from genuine experience or are merely parroting time-worn platitudes for the sake of manipulating voters. Our whole system of raising and educating children provides the power-hungry with a ready-made railway network they can use to reach the destination of their choice. They need only push the buttons that parents and educators have already installed. Alice Miller “Thou Shat Not Be Aware” p.20 also cited in “Concerning Forgiveness: The Liberating Experience of Painful Truth”

No comments:

Post a Comment