Thursday, June 4, 2020

Violence is the Problem

Someone shared the video above on Facebook Saying: "In case for some reason you haven't figured it out, the organizations calling themselves Black Lives Matter and Antifa, as well as the supporters and "allies" of both of those groups, are the biggest part of the problem. They are not part of the solution. No way, no how, not even a little bit."

YouTube deleted the channel of Atheism is Unstoppable, even though I didn't agree with everything he said, he did say a lot of half disconnected truths and his videos were very entertaining! YouTube should never silence voices just because we don't agree with them. Anyway, I found in the link below a video of the black woman confronting the BLM protestors that Atheism is Unstoppable shared on his YouTube channel that now as you see is no longer available on You/tube! Book burning and censorship it's so wrong!
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/video/african-american-woman-excoriates-black-034847481.html

I agree! The black woman in the video is correct in almost everything she is saying! It's a violence problem in our society, period! And affects all races!

Actually! The real root of the violence we witness in our society is the unconscious or repressed anger. Anger only becomes dangerous when it is repressed or unconscious and directed vicariously at substitute figures or scapegoats. As Alice Miller wrote in her article What is Hatred? "I too believe that hatred can poison the organism, but only as long as it is unconscious and directed vicariously at substitute figures or scapegoats. When that happens, hatred cannot be resolved. Suppose, for example, that I hate a specific ethnic group but have never allowed myself to realize how my parents treated me when I was a child, how they left me crying for hours in my cot when I was a baby, how they never gave me so much as a loving glance. If that is the case, then I will suffer from a latent form of hatred that can pursue me throughout my whole life and cause all kinds of physical symptoms. But if I know what my parents did to me in their ignorance and have a conscious awareness of my indignation at their behavior, then I have no need to re-direct my hatred at other persons. In the course of time, my hatred for my parents may weaken, or it may resolve itself temporarily, only to flare up again as a result of events in the present or new memories. But I know what this hatred is all about. Thanks to the feelings I have actively experienced, I now know myself well enough, AND I HAVE NO COMPULSION TO KILL OR HARM ANYONE BECAUSE OF MY FEELINGS OF HATRED."

The real problem in our society is childhood repression. People of all races are unconscious and compulsively looking for scapegoats to take revenge for the wrongs done to them when they were defenseless little children. 

You have to be constantly on the lookout no matter who we interact with, and race has nothing to do with it. Of course, over the years minority groups have been easy targets to turn into scapegoats for those in power positions. 

In the workplace, I have been the target of people's unconscious or repressed hatred from all races, white, black, brown, and red trying to make me a scapegoat -- using lies and mind games -- to get me to react and say the wrong thing to try to trap me in the race trap. 

The media don't care about truth or facts and enlightening the public! People in the media are like vultures thirsty for blood.

As long childhood repression is a taboo in our society -- it will never be real change -- no matter who holds the power --- it will always be one group of people trying to dominate and oppress another group.


Most people are a bunch of opportunists exploiting every tragedy and don't give a shit about anyone else but themselves.  

https://sylvieshene.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-silence-from-media-is-deafening.html


"The roots of violence are NOT unknownThe problem is that people focus on the stems and the leaves." No, the roots of violence are NOT unknown

I completely agree with the comment below someone wrote on Facebook:

"Just so you know, I think the cop that killed George Floyd was a psychopath. I mean that literally. It disturbed me about a week ago when I read an article by someone in one of the psychological professions saying that a primary difference between psychopaths and sociopaths is that psychopaths are born that way. They said it's genetic, in other words. I don't buy that. Far as I've ever seen there's no evidence. I've been looking at violence and trying to understand the reasons it exists since Aiyana Gauvin was murdered, tortured to death really, by her parents in 2005. She was a four-year-old girl from Lafayette if you've forgotten or didn't know.

The conclusion I've reached - and I'm open to change if ever real evidence to the contrary ever shows up - is that killers and psychopaths aren't "born", they're made. They're created. Either by family members or someone else close to them. And I mean when they were kids. "Society at large" plays a role, but mostly because of the fact that it turns a blind eye, basically.

That same article said that all kids are naturally 'sociopathic' just from the standpoint that they are all "self-focused", I think it said. It went on to say that most kids gradually grow out that phase but psychopaths never do.

The thing is: Americans have like many places around the world regard people 18 and older to be adults. Maybe more than anything else that just means that the concept of personal responsibility comes into full force, then. I agree with that idea and believe it's the only way things really *can* be.

I think little kids are a lot like billiard balls basically just reacting to whatever forces are applied to them. "Children reflect the treatment they receive", I think is one way it's been put. If that sounds to you like an argument against the concept of free will, I agree with you. People like Sam Harris argue that even adults lack free will, that everything everyone does is just a cause-and-effect chain reaction.

Maybe he's right, maybe he's not, but I absolutely believe that "society" (I kind of hate that word but it's all I can think of that fits) has no choice but to hold adults personally responsible for their behavior. Once you turn 18 you can no longer blame your parents or your priest or your football coach - or a group of people for that matter - for anything.

The corollary of course to that is that with people under 18 we have to cut them some slack. The closer to 18 they are the less slack we should maybe give them, but I think it's important to keep in mind that "punishment" really just doesn't work. And that includes when applied to adults.

The fact is that nobody's ever figured out what else to *do* with murderers and other criminals except to put them in jail. Well or kill them. And yeah, people get a kind of revengeful satisfaction in seeing "justice served" and all that, I understand. But punishment has never "fixed" anybody. It easily changes short term behavior, but in the big picture, it really doesn't do anything, at least not in a positive direction.

Anyway, this whole thing comes down in my opinion to something that can only be solved by prevention, not reaction after the fact. Wikipedia gives an FBI statistic saying an average of 450 children are killed by their parents annually. What I think people have *got* to wake up to is that it's not the dead ones that anybody has to worry about, it's the countless thousands that survive. Of course only a fraction of those turn on society. Most of them end up just turning on themselves. But there's no social justice in that, either."


Also, these words written on Facebook are very accurate: "What I do agree with her about is her notion that parents need to quit fucking up their children so much. Most of us, it seems obvious, see fucking up our kids as a God-given right, same as freedom of the press or just the pursuit of happiness in general. They're *our* property, after all, not the government's, so by simple logic alone we may twist and distort them into being as much like us as we can possibly manage if we want. We can do it to our heart's content just like our own parents did to us, and nobody can tell us any differently. That's the way it's always been.
Yes, it's true that government pretty much all over the West has, over time, stepped in and through things like 'education' begun to do a lot of the fucking up for us and on our behalf, and that certainly needs to be looked at too, but I still think it starts at home. 

...The thing with how people fuck up their own kids is no different, except that it's both more important and harder to directly demonstrate. You could look into a microscope and actually see germs, for instance. Brain scans will at least occasionally show differences in brain structure between 'normal' people and psychopaths, but according to neurologist Johnathon Pincus who interviewed and studied the histories of American killers for decades, people who kill are affected by not just "severe abuse" as kids but "mental illness" and brain damage as well. Of course, there are those who would say that the latter two are the frequent result of the former, and I am among those people, but the point is that the connection between the mistreatment and broader social ills of pretty much any kind you care to imagine is scientifically just a much fuzzier, much more difficult thing to actually show concrete proof of. It's easier to blame 'racism', for instance. Or 'The Patriarchy' or you name it.

...Evolutionarily, which is not an actual word according to two different spellcheckers now, people alive today are identical to those who saw witches under every rock a few hundred years ago, both in Europe and the US. Witches still present a threat in some cultures around the world, the most famous I can think of are the child witches of Africa, but I'd bet there are more in other places if people would look.

At any rate, I think the concept of "fighting evil things in parallel" falls short. That is, saying "Yeah, child abuse sucks I agree but right now racism, misogyny, the far-right and all that other kind of evil stuff needs fought a whole lot worse" is a distraction and a waste of time because in the big picture it really amounts to nothing but a fool's errand."

The words above could not be truer! My older sisters, in their 80s now, still TODAY believe the problems of some of my family members are caused by someone casting a spell on them!  

People love to focus on symptoms only. No one wants to look in the mirror and deal with the root causes of social ills.



No comments:

Post a Comment