Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Letter to College Students of all Nations

 Today, some best-selling books about child rearing pretend to be updated and to have integrated the new psychological knowledge, but they often look to provide parents with the same ways they themselves were brought up.

They give advice on how to control, reign, manipulate and humiliate children in the most effective and undetectable way.

Unfortunately, the readers often oversee the poison in this pedagogy because as children they were never allowed to see and name it.

If we are not looking for power, our children do want to cooperate with us, they are interested in cooperation as a way of communication. But for doing that, they need to trust us. We are by no means trustworthy, if we want to govern them, just to escape our helplessness.

http://www.alice-miller.com/en/letter-to-college-students-of-all-nations/

Hi P.,
Thank you for writing. Yes, I think we can be friends for sure. I always respected children and I knew the responsibility of bringing children into this world and that is why I never had children, because I felt I was not in a position to have children.

I always knew the reason everyone was sooo fxcked up was because of the way their parents treated them when they were very little, but I could not quite articulate it and I was alone until I read Alice Miller’s books and finally I gained the courage to face up and feel my own history and speak up.

Am amazed that I with 6-grade education that dropped out of school in the 7 grade can see this soooo clearly and all the so-called “educated” smart people in the world cannot understand and cowardly hide behind their "degrees" so they don’t have to face up and feel their own sad truth and go around spreading their psychological virus under the disguise of help, very sad.

Yes, I am an animal lover, animals were really my first love and if we really want to help animals in the long run it’s a must we become a strong children's rights advocate.

We cannot be for animals rights advocate without being for children’s rights advocate also, which most people trying to help animals seem not to care about children and unconsciously and compulsively are just using the animals to escape from facing and feeling their own sad truth and everything they do is just a temporary and superficial fix to make themselves feel better.

You said you are originally from Germany, how did you end up in Spain? Have you read Alice Miller’s books? If you did I assume you read them in the original language of German.

I read, of course, the English translation and sometimes I wonder if anything got lost in translation.

I find that when I read the only two books of Alice Miller translated into Portuguese a lot of the message got lost in translation and I prefer to read in English, it seems the message comes more clearly in the English language.

I find the Portuguese language very complex and abstract that uses a lot of words and one gets lost in it. Maybe this is one more reason why the Portuguese are so complex and clueless. I am looking forward to hearing more about yourself. Take care. sylvie

No comments:

Post a Comment