Sunday, September 18, 2022

We Pay a High Price for Denial

"By reading the Drama I wrote 30 years ago many people found their own feelings until then dissociated, which opened them access to their tragic histories. The countless letters I received later informed me about the huge territory of suffering in childhood that almost all of us have endured and almost all of us keep DENYING over their whole lives by paying for this denial with their health. Or by letting others, mostly their own children, to pay. 

Hence over the 30 years, I came to understand that to heal the wounds stemming from child abuse we must give up this denial by overcoming the fear of being punished again and take the risk of feeling not only the grief but also and above all the RAGE about the way we were treated in childhood. This insight allowed me to develop a therapy concept that works.


I don’t use the word “spirituality” because it doesn’t have any specific meaning to me, it is often used to name very different issues that can be defined more precisely without using this word. I don’t need to believe as Einstein did that the WORLD is perfect but I do make the discovery again and again that our bodies function in a marvelous way as soon as we stop to lie and to betray ourselves, as soon as we are ready to accept our truth." Alice Miller 

https://sylvieshene.blogspot.com/2017/11/spirituality-blinder-that-hides-truth.html



No comments:

Post a Comment