Saturday, August 29, 2015

Open Letter to Don Lemon

Hi Don,

I agree with your comments about the shooting of the Virginia television journalists killed by a former co-worker that the shooter lifestyle is irrelevant. And I also agree with you that people need to learn to manage their emotions.

I wrote a book with the help of a ghostwriter sharing my life experiences and psychological discoveries, and how to consciously feel and understand our emotions triggered by present injustices. But after I published my book I became the target of a mob of psychopaths at my job of nine and a half years and I lost my job because of it.

I have been documenting my experiences about the injustices I suffered at my last job on my blog Sylvie’s place. I tried to get the media’s attention to my story to help me reach a wider audience to help others deal with their emotions and prevent future tragedies like this one.

Feelings and emotions don’t kill anyone, only actions hurt and kill and if people understand their emotions and learn how to consciously feel them in the right context, they will not be driven by them to hurt themselves and others. I don’t know if you received my letter that I sent you awhile back and I published on my blog as an Open Letter to the Media.  

One of the reasons people resort to violence is because violence works to get the media’s attention to their despair and to listen if society learns to recognize the red flags of their despair and listen to them before they resort to acts of violence in a final attempt to get the world to pay attention. Just I wrote in my book A Dance to Freedom, page 137: “Every adult in the world has the capacity to give up these illusions and free themselves from the chains of depression that result from emotional repression. Unfortunately, most adults do the opposite. They cling to the false hope of illusions, only to let current events trigger depressive episodes whose root causes are the lingering pains of childhood that haven’t been dealt with. Everything we become as an adult is connected to our childhood: Our experiences are a chain of events that bring us to the present moment, for better or worse. A criminal is never guilty just by himself. If society at large could ever find the courage to learn from the chain of events that occurred in each criminal’s life from day one, we could prevent many future crimes and a lot of unnecessary suffering.”

Almost everyone at my last job started treating me differently after I published my book. They couldn’t stand the fact that someone who they considered inferior — a guard gate manager — could get a real book out into the world and understand the human condition so much that their own lies and illusions were exposed.

It was a combination of jealousy and fear that led a group of sociopaths to begin a campaign of emotional harassment against me in hoping of getting me to self-destruct. The sociopathic behavior ramped up almost daily, and after six months they decided to fire me without cause.

It saddens me that someone can actually lose their job for exercising their right to freedom of speech. I think what my former employer and co-workers did was a disgrace, and I want as many people to know about it as possible. And maybe will help others deal with injustices and discrimination in the workplace in a healthy way without hurting themselves and others.

If you think you can help me get my story told, I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks so much for your consideration.

Sincerely,

 Sylvie Imelda Shene

No comments:

Post a Comment