Thursday, January 11, 2024

Crab Mentality

"Crab mentality, also known as crab theory,[1][2] crabs in a bucket[a] mentality, or the crab-bucket effect, is a way of thinking best described by the phrase "if I can't have it, neither can you".[3]

The metaphor is derived from anecdotal claims about the behavior of crabs when they are trapped in a bucket: while any one crab can easily start to climb out,[4] it will nonetheless be pulled back in by the others, ensuring the group's collective demise.[5][6][7]

The analogous theory in human behavior is that members of a group will attempt to reduce the self-confidence of any member who achieves success beyond the others, out of envy, jealousy, resentment, spite, conspiracy, or competitive feelings, to halt their progress.[8][9][10][11] The same claims about behavior are embodied in the phrase tall poppy syndrome."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crab_mentality

I can testify that the metaphor above describes humanity to a T. Since I published my book A Dance to Freedom: Your Guide to Liberation from Lies and Illusion many have been trying to pull me back into the bucket or their emotional prisons. If they can't be free, they don't want me to be free either! But once a mind is truly free cannot ever be captured again! What I have NOW cannot be bought with money and cannot be stolen! And this is why they hate me so much!

With my book and all my writings, I give people a map, and the keys, to liberate themselves, if they ever find the courage to leave the emotional prison of their childhood, as the quote below says this journey is theirs to take. 

"You can't heal the people you love. You can't make choices for them. You can't rescue them.

You can promise that they won't journey alone. You can loan them your map. But this trip is theirs." Laura Jean Truman

https://sylvieshene.blogspot.com/search?q=birthday+

No comments:

Post a Comment