Saturday, September 26, 2026

Why Narcissists Struggle Being Alone

A brilliant question paired with an equally powerful answer.

https://youtube.com/shorts/IFZStMRMW78?is=JJd4Oorm5D94BCkA

​Some people are fundamentally dependent on others, relying on those around them to constantly regulate their emotional state. I am done trying to help these individuals—family or not. The moment you dare to set a boundary, say no, or challenge their behavior, they turn on you to punish and inflict harm.

​When a niece-in-law aligned with a niece who sought to use me rather than grow alongside me, I had to lay down the reality. I hold deep compassion for the children they once were, but I refuse to make excuses for the destructive  adults they have become:

​"The question you should ask yourself is whether you can trust yourself. You and XA don't trust yourselves to be alone for even one minute. You two deserve each other."

Read the full article HERE 

​Years ago, I wrote a letter urging my niece to confront a critical juncture in her life. Like so many who lack the courage to resolve childhood repression, she chose to stay in the emotional prison of her childhood. In that prison, only the roles flip: today she plays god and dominates everyone as her mother once dominated her, refusing the actual emotional work of self-liberation.

​"You have been on the fence at a crossroads for over 10 years. Now the time has come to get off the fence and choose the road you want to take—the road most traveled... or choose the road less traveled... where we learn to stand on our own two feet, face our inner self, and walk through all that is repressed in us—so on the other side we feel so good and light!"

Read the reflection HERE 

This short vedio by Jim Brillon is spot on! The ex-coworker who acted like a cult leader used to combine the silent treatment with fake accusations while holding her phone camera ready to film my reaction. She wanted evidence to prove I was the 'problem.' My calm response—' Really? That's interesting!'—completely defused her trap. Refusing to react breaks their control every single time.

https://youtube.com/shorts/N4BxqjKGy-A?is=D5jSdM76NgdDHXuz

No comments:

Post a Comment